Specialized Support Services
C12G Labs provides specialized support services to customers in specific application domains, such as the HPC, Hosting and Telecom industries. HPCcloud is the first of these new support service programs targeted to specific business or industry domains that has been created to give expert advice on OpenNebula to organizations using computer clusters to solve advanced computation problems.
Technologies and Services to Enable your HPC Cloud
OpenNebula is being used by many supercomputing and leading research centers to build private, public and hybrid clouds for hosting virtualized computational environments, such as batch farms and computing clusters, or for providing users with new “HPC as a service” resource provisioning models. Cloud computing enables the execution of flexible and elastic cluster and high performance computing services on demand while reducing the associated cost of building the datacenter infrastructure. Transforming your computing cluster into a private cloud brings many benefits without requiring end users to change their applications:
- Support for heterogeneous execution environments with multiple, even conflicting, software requirements on the same shared cluster
- Faster delivery and scalability of computing services to meet dynamic demands of different computing clusters with automatic provision of computing worker nodes
- Faster respond to infrastructure needs for computing services with dynamic resizing of the physical infrastructure by adding new hosts, and dynamic cluster partitioning to meet capacity requirements of services
- Higher utilization of existing resources with the creation of a single larger infrastructure combining heterogeneous computing clusters, or infrastructure sharing between different departments managing their own production clusters, so removing application silos
- Operational saving with server consolidation to a reduced number of physical systems, so reducing space, administration effort, power and cooling requirements
- Lower infrastructure expenses by allowing “cloudbursting” with the combination of local computing resources withexternal commercial Cloud resources, so eliminating the over-purchase of systems to meet peaks demands
HPCcloud Technical Support Program
The HPCcloud Support Subscription offers the benefits of the standard technical support program with a special focus on configuring and operating OpenNebulaPro cloud instances for the execution of virtualized computing services. Our HPCcloud specialized support team has extensive and deep expertise in configuring OpenNebula clouds to address the needs of cluster and high performance computing environments. Additionally, the program provides guidance about different architectural solutions for HPC cloud computing, and helps to define the computing services for their execution in the cloud and to integrate the typical higher level tools in computing environments, such as service and workload managers, with OpenNebulaPro.