Public and Private Training Classes
We offer comprehensive training classes conducted by OpenNebula experts who have years of experience working in cloud design, deployment, integration and operation. As core contributors to OpenNebula, C12G trainers are the authority on the open source cloud management platform.
We have published a schedule for public classes at C12G Labs Headquarters in Madrid and are planing to also hold the training at other locations in Europe and United States. Please contact us if your would like to request training near you.
There is a 20% discount on public training for active customers and partners, and for Education, Government and Non-Profit institutions or organizations working in research projects.
Private On-line and On-site Training
- For small groups and seminars, remote training is a very popular option that saves costs and allows us to accommodate most scheduling requirements. Remote training is performed using one of the existing webinar tools.
- For large groups and courses intensive in hands-on activity, on-site training may be your best option.
Standard and Customized Courses
Our Training Services team offers a Cloud Operator and Architect course that provides your IT staff with the skills they need to install, configure, customize and operate OpenNebula. For customers or partners that require training to meet specific needs, we offer custom-designed, on-site training courses.
OpenNebula Fundamentals: Cloud Operator and Architect Course
The course covers the process of installing, configuring and operating private, public and hybrid clouds using OpenNebula. Additionally the program briefly addresses the integration of OpenNebula with other components in the data center.
Private courses are available on request. See schedule for the upcoming public classes.
Specifically designed for:
- IT Administrators
- Data Center Staff
- System Administrators
- Systems Integrators
- System Architects.
Introduction, Installation and Configuration
- An introduction to cloud computing with OpenNebula
- The architecture of the cloud
- Planning and installing OpenNebula
- Configuration and basic usage
- Host Subsystem: Monitoring configuration and host management
- Storage Subsystem: Datastores configuration and image management
- Network Subsystem: Network configuration and virtual network management
- Virtualization Subsystem: Hypervisor configuration and VM management
- Cluster Subsystem: Cluster configuration and management,
- Scheduler: Scheduling configuration and policies
- Users Subsystem: AAA (Authentication, authorization and accounting)
- Multiple zones and virtual data centers
- Hybrid/public deployments
Extension and Integration
- Integration APIs
- Hooks and high availability
- Customization of subsystems
16 hours in 2 or 3 days
- Describe the features and benefits of using virtualization and clouds
- Describe different architectures for a cloud that can be deployed with OpenNebula
- Deploy and configure OpenNebula
- Operate an OpenNebula cloud instance
No prior OpenNebula skills are required, but participants should have working knowledge of virtualization, networking and Unix/Linux systems.
The course includes hands-on exercises to be performed using attendee’s wifi-enabled laptops with VirtualBox installed. The attendees will build, configure and operate their own OpenNebula cloud.
Private Training Pricing
Cost of the OpenNebula Fundamentals course is:
- On-line: 5,000 € for up to 8 students, then 500 € per additional student up to 12
- EMEA On-site: 6,000 €, plus travel expenses, for up to 8 students, then 500 € per additional student up to 12
- North America and Asia Pacific On-site: 7,000 €, plus travel expenses, for up to 8 students, then 500 € per additional student up to 12
Additional fees apply for customized training.